IBPS is an Institute which conducts examination for the candidates who want to make their career in Banking Sector.
There are lakhs of candidates who applies for IBPS exams every year.
IBPS PO is one of the toughest and most desired examination conducted by IBPS. Candidates who are preparing or this exam needs to do hard work to qualify it.
Making Strategies and Plans is one of the best way for the preparation of IBPS PO exam.
In this article, we will discuss about making some strategies and plans to Crack IBPS PO Prelims Exam.
How to Prepare for IBPS PO Prelims Exam:
Candidates who are preparing for IBPS PO Prelims examination should know about the sections which will be asked in exam.
There are three sections and irrespective of your strengths in each of these areas, It is essential that you clear the sectional cut offs.
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Section
To get qualified in exam you need to focus on these three sections equally.
Preparation tips for IBPS PO Prelims:
- Start with solving previous year question papers. It will help you to identify the pattern of exam.
- Make proper time management for the preparation of all the sections.
- Take mock tests, attempting this will get an idea of your speed and accuracy.
- Find out your weak and points and work on them.
- IBPS PO examination is all about speed. Measure your speed with practising and try to improve it every day.
- Take breaks while preparing. It will be helpful for a better study.
- Choosing best study material is one of the most important part for your preparation.
- Search for the books which covers all the topics and provides tricks to solve them.
- If you want to join any coaching classes then it will be beneficial for you.
Tips for English section:
There are lots of candidates who faces difficulty in this section. To get good marks in this section all you need is to know about the grammar rules and uses of these rules.
- Pay attention for learning basic rules of grammar.
- Improve your reading capacity for comprehension part. Reading newspapers is one of the best way to get improve your English section.
Following are the important topics for English Section:
- Reading Comprehension
- Spotting Error
- Cloze Test
- Para Jumbles
- Synonyms & Antonyms
Tips for Reasoning:
This is the most important part to get your rank higher in merit list. Practising on reasoning section takes less time and you also need to spend less time on this section in exam. You need to practise with strategies of solving reasoning section.
- Always remember that the pattern for solving given questions is by the data given only. You should not make any unnecessary assumptions.
- Remember the sequence of alphabets and numerical positions of these alphabets.
- Understand the directions i.e. East, West, North and South to answer correctly for direction sense questions.
- Be careful with the words having negative prefixes. The work of such type of words is to make you fool. So before answering any question, ready it two times to understand the meaning for the questions.
Following are the topics you need to focus on:
- Seating arrangement
- Coding – Decoding
- Blood Relation
- Ordering and Ranking
- Direction Sense
These above-mentioned topics are with the most weight age marks, will help you to get good marks in reasoning section.
Tips for Quantitative Aptitude:
This is the toughest part to collect marks. This part is used to check the numerical ability of the candidates. The most important way to attempt quantitative aptitude is to solve easy question first.
- Learn fundamentals of math and start practising on that.
- If it is possible, then try to use some short tricks to solve lengthy calculation
- Use approximations to answer any question. You can save time by using approximations.
- Do not stuck on a question. If it’s consuming time then leave it and move to the next one.
Important topics in Quantitative Aptitude to get good marks are as follows:
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equation
- Data Sufficiency
- Time and Work
- Profit and Loss
All the best to all the candidates who are going to appear in IBPS PO Prelims exam. Make the best out of your preparation.